This post may contain affiliate links. See our full disclosure for more info.
As a new mom, I had no clue what I really needed to take care of a new child. I ended up buying a ton of stuff and only using a portion of it because, as it turned out, it wasn’t necessary. So, to prevent other new mommy’s from wasting their money, I have compiled a list of the top 10 must haves for surviving as a new parent needs the first months. Trust me, you will be thanking me later.
TOP 10 Must Haves For Surviving As A New Parent
- Dr. Brown’s Bottle Brush. I LOVE this bottle cleaner. It’s all I use when it comes to cleaning bottles and even the containers for my breast pump. It fits everything! At the very end of it there is a sponge but further up it also has bristles. This brush thoroughly cleans my kid’s bottles. PLUS, the opposite end of the brush has a narrow nub that is used for cleaning the nipples of the bottles. Hands down this brush is awesome.
- Nursing Pillow. The Boppy. This pillow is the best thing ever for breastfeeding, holding your child when your arms get tired, starting tummy time, propping your child up, literally everything. Not to mention there are so many different covers that you can get for it to match your style.
- Tub. A tub to bathe your new kiddo in is a must.
This little tub has been the best for giving her baths! It has a seat that can be adjusted accordingly so she is comfortable. It’s so much easier than giving her a bath in the sink plus it’s easy to clean.
- Diaper pail. You definitely want a diaper pail. I love my Dekor Plus Hands-Free Diaper Pail it’s a diaper genie hack. The replacements are scented and you can’t even tell there is any stink in the room! One of the best things I got for the nursery. All of my ‘mom friends’ have commented on how great it is and they ended up getting one for their nursery.
- Rocking chair. You must have a rocking chair. Hands down must have. I love my rocking chair to the moon and back.
It’s so comfortable that even I fall asleep rocking my girl to ‘ni ni land’ (or it could just be because I’m exhausted).
- Car Seat/Stroller. This car seat, stroller and base set is the best.
It makes my life so so easy and as a new mom, easy is much needed which is why it is on the list of best baby buys! The base goes in your vehicle and you just click the car seat in and you go! Same goes for the stroller. I was shocked at how easy the stroller was to push in all types of terrain. I tested it in the grass, gravel, rocks, carpet, and of course pavement. It was so easy to push that I was able to use two fingers. I was also pleasantly surprised at the low price.
- Swing. This swing was amazing for keeping her asleep the first months of her life.
Now, I strap her in it and she is content long enough for me to get stuff done around the house. Once my kid starts acting fussy, I strap her in her swing and voila! She goes to sleep. It has multiple swing speeds, night time music, daytime music, and sounds of nature all of which I can control the volume for. It can be rotated in different directions to be swung in AND it has a moving mobile that surrounds a mirror.
- Baby Carrier. I quickly found that a good carrying pack is a must-have. I love my Infantino Flip Advanced 4-in-1 Convertible Carrier because it can be used front facing or rear facing. I strap her in and she just loves it! If you need to get things done around the house or you want to go for an outdoor adventure, a carrying pack is essential. This one is great because it can be used front facing and rear facing. I strap her in and she just loves it!
- Sleepers. Depending on the time of year your new bundle of joy is coming into the world, zip up onsie sleepers are the best! There are fleece sleepers or there are light cotton ones. There are also so many different kinds for both genders! However, take it from me and steer clear of the ones with snaps… You don’t want to try and change your newborn’s diaper at 2 a.m. and fight with those darn snaps while those cute little legs are kicking around.
- Pack-n-play. This pack-n-play is great for sleepovers, day trips, and camping trips!
It’s easy to clean and comfortable too. Plus it comes with almost everything! Sometimes I will put my little girl down to bed in it instead of her crib for a nap. This one in particular also came with a changing station. I found it super lightweight, compact, and easy to put up.
Hope this top 10 must have list for surviving as a new parent helps you new mommy’s save some money! This is definitely something I wish I would have known about ahead of time. It would have saved me a ton of money!!!
Check out 9 Amazing and Affordable Developmental Toys For Babies to see what else you need to add to the toy chest right now!
#ModernDayMomLife #BestBabyBuys #MomLife