When you become a parent you become part of a new club and you have a whole new understanding of things when you start down the parenting path. Here are 17 famous parenting quotes from your favorite people.
1. Jerry Seinfeld – “Having a 2-year-old is like owning a blender that you don’t have a top for”
2. Phyllis Diller – “Be nice to your children for they choose your rest home”
3. Brad Pitt – “More than at any time in my life, I’ve got purpose — real purpose. It feels like I’ve found my place.”
4. Kanye West – “The only luxury is time. The time you get to spend with your family”
5. Goldie Hawn – “I believe that this is one of the most important things as a parent you can do… to let go, in times, so these children can formulate their own identity.”
6. Will Smith – “The buffer provided by a loving and supportive family who accepts their children exactly as they are is the absolute best thing you can offer your children.”
7. Ryan Reynolds – “Got totally messed up on probiotics last night and digested the fuck out of dinner. Having a kid doesn’t stop this party train.”
8. Ashton Kutcher – “As soon as this child was born, I immediately wanted to call my parents and just apologize because I never knew how much they loved me.”
9. Hilary Duff – “The love you have for your child is so much greater than any challenge you’ll face as a parent, and that’s what helps you through.”
10. Gwen Stefani – “When you’re a parent, you’re just like, God, I hope they like me when they grow up. I hope that I did a good job. I hope they’re gonna be happy.”
11. Eminem – “Love is just a word, but you bring it definition.”
12. Jessica Alba – “Parents try the best they can. They want the best for you. But a lot of their stuff is just their own. If you can pull yourself away from it and not always feel like they’re attacking you, then it’s easier to deal with.”
13. Steven Tyler – “I don’t think anything is forever, but when my kids tell me they love me, that’s forever.”
14. Willie Robertson – “Parenting is a constant struggle between making your kids life better and ruining your own.”
15. Tim McGraw – “We’re parents first, and once you have kids, everybody knows that you have priority lists. Number one is your family and everything else just kind of finds its place.”
16. Harrison Ford – “Parenting is an impossible job at any age.”
17. Jennifer Lopez – “I’ve learned something about kids – they don’t do what you say; they do what you do.”
Sometimes it helps to know that you are not alone in the struggles of parenting. These parenting quotes show that even the ‘stars’ parent just like the rest of us.
Like these parenting quotes and truths? Then check out my article on parenting advice to remember as a new parent!